Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"This one's for the Children!"- New Kids On The Block



I'm here to tell you friends that dreams come true! Even when you think all is lost and there is no possible way what you want can happen, oh believe you me. . . . it can happen! You wanna know how I know this. . . . . let's start with a story. . . . .






The first band I ever fell in love with was New Kids on the Block!
I may have had a soft spot for Vanilla Ice for a little minute, but it was really Donnie Wahlberg and the rest of the bunch that I truly loved and was devoted too for quite some time! I always dreamed of being able to see them in person with my big button of Donnie pinned to my acid washed denim jacket, but unfortunately the closest I came was the concert I happened to catch on the free preview weekend the Disney Channel had. Please believe I recorded that show and watched it over and over again and was racked with jealousy eveytime Donnie pulled the little girl out of the audience and serenaded her! The lucky Shmuck!




It was a sad day when NKOTB was no more. . . . I remember thinking to myself at one point, "Awe Man, now I'll never get to see them in concert!" and thus the gloom of a dream lost set in!






but remember what i said about never losing hope. . . well this summer the dark clouds subsided when NKTOB reunited put out a new album and anounced their tour! And of course we jumped on that when we found out it was the weekend of Lynette's birthday!

Which is this very weekend and I am psyched out of my mind about it, because the boys I carried around on my lunch box for so many years, I finally get to see live and in person!

Like I said. . . . .Dreams come true!

I decided to post this video because with it being fairly close to Christmas, I thought you all might enjoy a little side of NKOTB you've never seen before. . . .plus Jordan's not wearing a shirt under his jacket oh and a little guest appearance by Arsenio Hall ain't too shabby either especially if you forgot what era this was. This song is my favorite song from their christmas album. You'll notice Jonathin is missing, not sure why, but Oh well enjoy anyway!

Jealous? You should be!

Peace Out!

5 comments:

T.Allen said...

Oh dear, I fear we have reached the chasm in our musical tastes. I will agree however that the Brothers' Wahlberg make my heart beat a bit faster!

Anonymous said...

That was an awesome clip...I didn't think it was possible, but I am even more excited for this weekend!!! -Nette

Kim said...

Oh, yeah. I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

Look, don't tell anyone but Donnie is my boyfriend, so back off sweetie. Okay, not really but in my 'fantasy' world Donnie is my boyfriend and Johnny Depp is my husband. Yeah, I have some issues but with medication I'll get better soon.

Seriously, I'm so happy that you are going to a concert. I heard they are doing an incredible show. But please know that every love song is for me. really. Stop laughing!!!!

Have fun and take tons of pictures.

Gwen Stoker said...

WOO New Kids Woo!!!!