Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"everybody's workin' for the weekend!"- Loverboy



I don't think I could have asked for a better weekend! It all started of course with the midnight showing of Twilight. Some of you may not have known I was fan because I didn't have any widgets on my blog counting down the days or any special dedications made to my undying love for the books, but Oh yes I am a fan!



Here's a little News Flash about me. A lot of the time I do things for the novelty of it! For instance, if we had theatre's around here that had midnight showings of Rocky Horror Picture Show, even if though that movie is kind of creepy and weird, please believe NOTHING would stop me from dressing up like Magenta and doing the "time warp" as well as acting out the rest of it while the movie plays in the background! like so many super fans of that movie do all over the country.







Also I would certainly. . . . (if and when the opportunity presents itself) gladly stand in the overcrowded streets of Time Square and patiently wait in the blistering cold to watch the Infamous Ball drop to commemorate the New Year, it's always been a dream and I've always wanted to say I've been there and seen that in real life. Not because it's especially cool or worth the wait, but because it's just simply what people do!









So even though some people where way more hard core then me and had even brought their own trailer to camp out in while waiting in line to see the movie. I still stood outside in the cold wrapped up in my blanket with my buddies and the rest of the super fans including Tweens, housewives, and Moses Lakes own chapter of Wickens!



However, I did not scream like a 12 yr. girl at an NSYNC concert when they finally opened the doors and started letting people in. . . . that was a little obnoxious!



Here are a few shots from the night. . . .






This is Brianne Ritchie with a cardboard cutout of her cousin. The story is her friends made this for her because she didn't want to lose her place in line while she waited for the movie to start in her trailer. . . . or so I'm told! Well I say she's just lucky she knew people because some of us don't stand for those kind of shenanigans!







In an attempt to keep the purse snatchers away, or perhaps an obstacle for a vampire to over come in case one went for their necks. Meredith and Gwen decided to keep their purses safely stored like so. . . . . . Oh You Silly Bee's You!







Here's the Crew. . . . . That's Me in the plaid, with Ellerey Ena, Gwendolyn in the back Bri in front of her, Then Meredith next to Gwen and Nette Nette in the Beanie and blanket that I'm pretty sure she purchased in Tijuana!







But any who. . . . . . I enjoyed the movie. I think it was totally worth the wait. I thought Kristen Stewart's portrayal of Bella was perfect, and even though Robert Pattinson was not the Edward I had pictured in my head, he grew on me and now I love him, plus when I found out it was him singing in the background for some of the music they played during the movie. . . .I was swooning! I'm a sucker for a musician!




Only complaint. . . . the shots of Edward revealing to Bella what he looks like in the sunlight was a little silly. I mean he looked more like he had just been at a Rave and got covered in body glitter! I think everyone in the theatre agreed because what was supposed to be a somewhat serious moment turned into big laughs. No suggestions as to how they could have done that different though. . . Oh well!









Friday I did nothing but relax on the couch! I didn't even take a shower! It was Me, Angie, Qiana, Robert Downey Jr., and some milk duds! I love lazy days! Plus I needed to store up my energy for the next days festivities!












We left Saturday at 10 for Tacoma, once we got their had a little lunch at Red Lobster, I took home leftovers, but forgot a fork, so Michelle decided to document me eating with my hands!














Don't give me that look Michelle!









After a quick nap it was off to the Tacoma Dome! I attempted to win us front row tickets doing a karaoke competition they had outside, but I was beat out by a girl from New York that didn't have any tickets at all, so I wasn't that upset! Please believe though if I wasn't so out of practice and going through puberty again, I would have kicked her trash!





Lots of ladies rocked their vintage NKOTB T-shirts, and some even dusted off their favorite outfit from that era, it was quite a site to see!




Lady Ga Ga was the first act and I was not looking forward to it, but I was pleasantly surprised! I do really love her "Just Dance" song, If you haven't heard it I believe it's a definite download.



Natasha Bedinfield also performed. . . .and yet again I was pleasantly surprised! She has incredible range and makes it seem effortless!









Now on to the good stuff. . . . here are the boys!


All us ladies where filled with butterflies when straight out the gate they hit us with our favorite new jam "Single" You can be my man any night Donnie (Sorry Yvonne!)







Pictured from left to right: Danny Wood, Donnie Wahlberg, Joey McIntyre, Jordan Knight ( he's being covered up by Joey) and Jon Knight








Here's Donnie hypin' the crowd!






One of my favorite parts of the concert when they performed on a small round stage in the middle of the arena! It was quite a site! Just a sea of screaming women and girls and a few bored men.













Jordan Knight or is that Enrique Iglesias?



(said in a whisper) let me be your hero




Joey with the Gospel choir in the background. . . . ."Don't Change!"



Oh Oh Oh I'm Donnie's Cover Girl!!!!



My favorite shot of the night . . . . no New Kids, i'll be loving YOU forever!







What can I say I'm a lover of the boy band movement! I think they are the greatest thing to happen to Pre-pubescent girls since Seventeen Magazine! So, don't judge me!


Now with that said I bid you a fond "Peace Out!"

1 comment:

Gwen Stoker said...

yea no vampires are sucking this girls blood...unless their name is Emmet, then by all means!!!!!! WOO!!