Friday, August 8, 2008

"Make New Friends and Keep the Old One is SIlver and the Other's Gold"- Girl's camp song

I met a new blogging friend, Her name is Tameka and I checked her sight out and it is pretty sweet! And just like I always do I copied something I saw on her page, Thanks for the great questions T. Allen-Mercado and to all the rest of my blog BFF's feel free to follow suit and be sure to check her out as well, you won't be disappointed!
1. 5 of your favorite things

-Wearing a cute dress to church.
-Making my friends laugh, even when it’s at me.
-Performing
-Testimony meetings in the Singles Ward
- Music

2. 5 things you wanted to be when you grew up

-a Rodeo Queen
-a Teacher
-a Diva
-an Actress
-a Las Vegas Showgirl

3. 5 of the best compliments that you have ever received

1. I am on activities committee at church and so occasionally I get to get up and make an announcement about what we have planned for that particular event I have a hand in. I try to make my announcements as memorable as possible so that maybe it will stick in people’s heads and they’ll want to come, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t (most of the time it doesn’t). Last Sunday one of the Boys from the Quincy Crew told me My announcements where the reason him and his buddies decided to keep coming to Moses Lake for church, and that made me feel pretty good, If I have that much sway on people maybe someday my time at the podium will get me a husband . . . .baby steps, right?

2. Almost two years ago When Dream girls came out Joey (Our favorite Karaoke host) Added the song “Listen” to her collection. So I tried it out that night, it’s a big song and I didn’t quite nail it in my own opinion, but when I got back to our table Angie told me she got chills and Michelle backed her up and I’ll never forget the sincerity in their voices as they complimented me on my performance, it means a great deal to me to have their approval (maybe a little too much) and that moment gives me something to hold on too when my performances aren’t as moving in my eyes and theirs.

3. I ran into Terry Pyle at Safeway a few years ago and he randomly thanked me for being a good example to his daughter Lilly, and I had no idea what it was that I had done, but I kept that compliment in my heart for a while, because up until then I never really thought I had any influence on anyone, so it made me stop and think some things through. I have a special place in my heart for the Pyle family anyway and I’m not just saying that because Susan Reads my blog, but it was icing on the cake that a family I admired so much, would have such a nice thing to say about me too.


4. One time in Young Woman’s Sis. Pinegar told me I had beautiful hands, no one has ever complimented me on them before and it really meant a lot to me because I always thought they where pretty chubby, and the fact that she thought so, even if she was the only one, It made me re- think the way I felt about them.

5. There was this kid that used to make fun of me when I was in grade school and so I always steered pretty clear of him up until we had Seminary together in High School and one day Bro. Stones had decided each day we would draw a name of a few classmates and everyone would have to write something nice about that person and give it to them, when my name was drawn, I received a lot of really nice notes, but the one from this guy stuck out the most, because in my head he was my enemy (I had a lot of undealt with issues I guess) and he told me how he thought I was really talented and funny, he could have just told me I was nice, but he actually highlighted some things he appreciated about me and to me that meant the world!

4. 5 songs that you would pick as your theme songs.

-Big, Blonde, and Beautiful, Hairspray
-Dreamin’, Amos Lee
-Lesson Learned, Alicia Keys
-Oh Happy Day, Sister Act II
-Tell Him, Lauryn Hill

5. 5 people that inspire(d) you.

-Mr. McGuire (Choir Teacher)
-Ms. Mac (Eccentric Drama Teacher)
-M’lee Jackson (Mia Maid Advisor and Camp Leader)
-Sis. Bossard aka Boss (College Voice Teacher)
-Bro. Stones (Seminary Teacher)


6. 5 things I like about county fairs/festivals

-Elephant Ears
-Rodeo Clowns
-Vintage Photo Booths
-Oversize Button Booths
-Cowboys

7. 5 things I take with me when I leave the house

-The Current book I’m reading (Breaking Dawn, as of now)
-my camera
-lately my make-up bag (Not up early enough to finish my face at home)
-Gum preferably Orbit Sweet Mint aka Christmas Gum
-My AmeriCorp Water Bottle

8. 5 of my favorite days of the year

-Halloween
-Christmas
-National Sweater Day
-My Birthday
- Boxing Day

9. 5 genres of music I listen to

-Show Tunes
-Hip-Hop
-R&B
-Oldies
-Pop

10. 5 of my favorite places to shop

-Fuego
-Torrid
-Sydnee’s Creations
-Barnes & Noble
-Liberating Style

5 comments:

Monkeys ARDently In Sinc said...

Um, where's your normal "Peace Out" ending?.....lol
You are my favorite singles ward gal, and you always make me smile!

Anonymous said...

Oh Emily, thank you for the very kind words about the Pyle family. We ALL love you and think you are so very awesome! Terry is very good at giving compliments. It kind of puts me to shame.

T.Allen said...

Your compliments as well as how you receive them are very telling of your awesomeness, I look forward to learning more. I Take 5 every Tuesday, so be sure and stop in again. Thanks for mentioning me and your title quote is perfect for stealing! :)

Carolyn said...

This was really fun to read!

And, just so you know, I think all of us young women looked up to you. We all wanted to be just like Emily when we grew up. And you are a wonderful person to look up too.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Emily, I loved reading these things about you! You definitely always wear cute dresses to church and look great in them.

I also like how you start your posts with a quote. Good idea.

Thanks for your kind words last night.