I don't know what it is about Top Ten or Top 5 or even top 100 lists that everyone is obsessed with, but it seems to me you are a nobody in the blog world unless you have compiled some kind of list that expresses your feelings about something. Lately a lot of us have been buzzing about our favorite movies, songs, and albums. And I really love reading about peoples favorite forms of entertainment, but because I don't want to be a huge copycat, I've decided to switch it up a bit.
This Morning I read in the Tri-City Herald an interesting article about using the word "Awkward". They said "It is as if the world has become blessedly simplified. Every complex negative experience can now be encapsulated in two syllables." How true is that? How many times do we experience something uncomfortable and you look at your friends and say in your falsetto "AWKWWWAAARRDDD" I love it! Clears things right up!
They also included a list of top 5 things that are awkward so of course I decided to compile my own list!
Here is my Top Ten things that are Awkward!
10. "These are my Confessions" from the pulpit- I can't tell you how many times my friends and I have sat in Fast and Testimony meeting and just prayed that people wouldn't reveal their past transgressions as they attempt to say something spiritual, but really just make everyone squirm in their seats.
9. Slidding past people in a full row to get to your seat somewhere in the middle. . . . .especially at the movies and church- Excuse me, Pardon me, Excuse me, Pardon me. . . .You know the drill and the worst ever is trying to figure out which direction to go, because nobody likes a whole lotta booty up in their face, but is the other side any better. . . .I just don't know!!! And why do they put those darn rows so close together anyway??
8. Ignorance- let me give you an example, calling someone who is of Asian decent "Oriental" because you aren't aware that the word refers to product not People, and it's extremely offensive. Or joking about Cancer in front of someone who has it or lost someone with it. Pretty much when you aren't in the know you can create some seriously awkward moments.
7. Plus size girl trying to shop in the Juniors section- give it up sweety, i don't care if the material is stretchy it's not going to work, and you know all the ladies that work there are thinking the exact same thing!
6. Seeing someone you haven't seen for a long time, and them being excited to see you, but you don't remember their name!- this scenario especially sucks when you have other people around and it becomes necessary to introduce them. That's always a mess. Then having to shamefully ask them what their name is, and seeing their face drop, just adds to the horror!
5. Saying something really loud just as the room gets really quiet- Seriously it's like the weirdest thing, because it always happens, it's ineveitable you will almost always say something weird or stupid really loud just as everyone around you decides to stop talking for a second!!!
4. 9-11 yr olds- I can say this because these where by far my most awkward years, and I have yet to meet a kid this age that isn't slightly obnoxious sometimes! You know what i'm talking about right?
3. Hamburgers or sandwiches stacked really high- Seriously how do you eat those without looking stupid!!! Whose idea was it to make something way bigger then anyone could actually fit their mouths around?
2. Mixing Worlds- have you ever invited a co-worker to hang out with you and your friends, or had a family function with both sides of your family! yeah nine times out of ten someone feels out of place or people stay in their comfort zone and only talk to people they know! It's no use trying it never works!
1. Falling Down - No matter how graceful you are, I mean I don't care if you've been practicing Ballet since you where 2, nobody falls or takes a spill with sophistication and class! I can gurantee it's always gonna make you look and feel stupid, and it's almost always gonna make everyone around laugh really hard!!!
So that's that! Feel free to add your two cents. . . . did I miss anything?
Anyway um . . . . . well. . . . . I guess this. . . . . I mean I think this is when. . . . oh never mind