Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Karaoke in Japanese means "Empty Orchestra" - Cash Cab

Last Saturday Me, Nette, and Julie hung out and stayed the night with John and Jana their Sister and Brother in Law in Spokane. And I would just like to let everyone know if your ever in Spokane it would be in your best interest to rest your head at their place, because they are amazing hosts!!! They fed us and entertained us, and I got to sleep on their amazing air mattress, possibly the most comfortable air mattress there ever was!!!! And all in all I had an amazing time, and I was so grateful for their hospitality! Made me feel like one of the family!
Nette Nette informed me that John and Jana like to Karaoke on Saturday nights, and that got me all excited because there isn't a place I know of in Mo-Town that does Saturday Night Karaoke. . . . so I was totally jazzed and even though a few people didn't feel up to it when the time roled around. I put on my pouty face, and got my way!!!
The place we went to was called Charlie's. The bar area was kind of small, and there wasn't a stage, but they had a pretty big book and a fairly good selection although I have yet to see anyone top Joey. She is the only one I've seen really stay on top of the current stuff. Anywho, I'm still not quite sure if that place is a Gay bar or not. If it is then it's a Brokeback joke waiting to happen because all I have to say is I saw a lot of cowboy hats.
They had this amazing neon sign that I had to take a picture of because it says "libations" which is currently my favorite word!













I decided to open the show with my old stand by "Proud Mary" complete with dance moves and let me tell you, that was a good call because I won their hearts straight out the gate!
Jana rocked the Dixie Chicks for all the country music fans!
I don't know if you guys know this, but John is kind of an amazing singer! Got the crowd on there feet and dancing with his two choices of the night "Get Over It" by the Eagles and "Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy!" by Big and Rich. I think his rendition of "Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy" was the greatest I've ever heard at a karaoke bar! And you can quote me on that!!! Way to go John!! And way to support your hubby Jana!!!
And Hey coincidentally enough the Pipps made an appearance for my rendition of "Midnight Train to Georgia" Wasn' that nice of them? The black guy on my right actually had an amzing voice! He sounded a lot like Al Green/Bill Withers and he sang "Sara Smile". Angie it would have totally blown you away!!!!
The couple with me in this picture is Jim and Rochelle, some superfans I made that night. They sat next to me, so I decided to get to know them, they go to Gonzaga and Rochelle is actually from Oklahoma. . . . .isn't that nice!
Lynette closed up our night with one of my favorite's "No One Else on Earth" by Winona Judd. . . . always a delight!
You know what the best part of the night was. . . . .it didn't cost us anything! All we drank was water! It's almost a crime how much fun we had for so cheap!!!! I love it another amazing night of Friends and Karaoke to add to my list!
So if your ever looking for a good time on a Saturday in SpoKompton look up John and Jana and hit up Charlie's!! Just make sure you tell them Emily sent you!!!!! Oh and watch out for the Gay Men in Cowboy hats and Wife Beaters with winter scarves!
Peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes it was good times...they are pretty good hosts and you rocked it as usual. -Nette