Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"Good Clothes Open All Doors!" -Thomas Fuller

Today is a great day, you wanna know why it's great day, because I look great today! I don't know what it is about a great dress that seems to just transform an otherwise imperfect body into something fabulous! I've gotten so many compliments on my appearance this afternoon, that it really makes me wonder how it is one thing can have such a dramatic effect!



This isn't my first experience with a great dress! About 5 years ago I bought a dress from Macy's that I dubbed my magic dress, because every time I put it on I managed to magically catch the eye of everyone in the room. I don't know what it was that made that dress so special, but seriously it was crazy peoples reaction. That dress was worth every extra cent of interest I paid on it!

You know some would say it doesn't matter what you wear, but I'm a firm believer that how you present yourself on the outside is a reflection of your inside! And when I watch these makeover shows, that take these people that normally don't care about fashion or anything like that, give them a little taste of what it's like to be well dressed and they are hooked. So it just goes to show, you should care, because there is an amazing feeling that comes from rocking a killer outfit! Maybe you don't have to concern yourself with the latest crazes, and constantly stay on top of what's hot, but taking pride in your appearance is a must.

MAN! Do I sound like I'm giving a workshop or what? Enough of that. . . . .Good Day, Good Dress, Good Times!

I've been reflecting on my personal style over the years, and although I've always had an interest in dressing cute sometimes, It was not a mission I accomplished. I didn't get my first pair of jeans until 6Th grade (and the only reason I got those was because they had stretchy sides!) So I was rocking stretch pants and T-shirts until that faithful day I found jeans that actually fit, I blame that for why I have such a complex about clothes. In my efforts to stand out, I once tried to make stick on earrings happen when I was 13, That was also when I decided that it was OK for me to rock the double buns in my hair and I got a pair of JNCO's I wore like everyday. Then in high school I attempted to work the skirt over the pants, but I was never quite able to pull it off, I also made my own T-shirts with funny sayings and I always cut them up, also something that sounded awesome, but never really looked great.

I've made a lot of mistakes as far as clothes go, so right now I feel I'm in my fashion prime if you will! And I'm loving it! Here's hoping I continue on this lucky streak. . . . . and please stop me if I ever attempt to rock gaucho's or a poncho!

Peace Out!